How you choose to heat your home is a big decision. It affects many areas of your life––primarily your finances and health. And chances are you didn’t even choose the existing furnace in your own home. The original owner did. His or her needs and lifestyle may have been very different from yours, so the furnace you currently have may not even be addressing your needs. It may be time to upgrade your furnace due to age or if you would prefer something with a higher efficiency. Whatever the reason, our qualified technicians at M E Brown are here to evaluate your home and make sure to guide you toward the right furnace for your needs.
A New Gas Furnace Makes All the Difference
As mentioned above, your current needs for a gas furnace may be different than the needs at the time of the furnace’s purchase. Whether someone else made the purchase or your needs have simply changed, there are important considerations to make when deciding on a new gas furnace for your home. These considerations can make all the difference to your home’s comfort level. Choosing to work with our professionals at M E Brown will help you to include these factors when choosing your new furnace:
- Efficiency–– If your current furnace is older than ten years old, even if it’s still working, chances are it ’s not presenting you with the highest efficiency. Upgrading to a higher-efficiency furnace can offer you savings in your energy bills as well as a more comfortable home.
- Correct Size–– Evaluating your home’s size and needs plays directly into selecting the appropriately sized gas furnace for your home. Your home’s layout may be different now than it was when your existing furnace was purchased. Installing either a too-small or too-large furnace in your home won’t offer you the energy savings or the comfort you’re expecting with a new furnace. It’s critical that the correct size of the equipment and ductwork be installed for your satisfaction.
- Proper Ventilation–– Your home’s ductwork may deteriorate over time, or it may not have been installed correctly in the first place. It’s imperative your ductwork is properly sealed and vented. Without this important step, you may be losing much of your heating-and-cooling energy. Also, your indoor air quality (IAQ) may not be as high as you would like. A thorough evaluation may be in order at this time as well.
- Health Needs–– If your existing gas furnace isn’t operating at its highest efficiency or your HVAC ductwork needs replacing or repairing, your health could be at risk. This is especially true if someone in your home is living with allergies, asthma, a chronic illness, or pets. IAQ is lower than our outdoor air these days. Having the right furnace goes a long way in helping in this area.
- Cost Evaluation–– Though you may think that keeping your existing furnace costs less than upgrading/replacing to a new one, you could be mistaken. Your operating costs could be considerably higher due to your furnace’s low efficiency. Investing in a new high-efficiency gas furnace will reward you over time with lower energy bills and repair bills. Typically, homeowners recoup their costs over the first five years or so.
Why Choose a Bryant?
No one offers you better guidance than the experts at M E Brown. We choose Bryant gas furnaces, because for more than a century Bryant has provided unmatched quality, durability, and reliability. Bryant heating and cooling products go through rigorous testing well beyond industry standards. With Bryant, you get solid warranty coverage to protect your investment. As trained and certified Bryant installers, we are happy to find a gas furnace that fits your needs.
Call us today at 713-939-9411 if you’re even considering a new gas furnace. If your furnace repairs are becoming more frequent or costly, or if you notice your energy bills are increasing, it may be time. We’d be happy to evaluate your home living environment and match it to a gas furnace that will suit your needs. Or if you’re satisfied with your current furnace and would like regular maintenance or need repairs, we’re available to help there as well.
Excellent Work in Houston, TX
“Excellent work on replacing old heating & cooling systems in our ’83 built home. Great customer service too!”
– Jonathan G.
M E Brown proudly provides HVAC service to Houston, Bellaire, Cypress, Copperfield, River Oaks, West University, Piney Point, Galleria, Memorial, Jersey Village and the surrounding communities. Visit our service area page for more coverage details, call us at 713-939-9411, or request service online today.